New FIFO model to be piloted in South Australia (SA)
Posted: 05/29/2012 12:00:00 AM EDT | 0
- Information Sessions to community
- Online Surveys – Individual Skill profile and Business Profile
- Survey Report to Council
Saturday 23 June to Wednesday 4 July: Information Sessions
A comprehensive report will be tabled to the District Council of Grant on the Survey outcomes. Pending the Survey report, there may be a number of outcomes:
- The report may indicate that the skill mix of the region is not compatible with those required by the mining, oil and gas industries to progress, OR
- The report may indicate that the level of interest in the local population to participate in fly in, fly in work arrangements is too low to progress, OR
- The report may indicate a positive skill and interest outcome to progress to discussions with employers.
What is the role of The Resource Channel?
- Information Sessions in the region
- Survey and Reporting
- Feedback and recommendations to Council.
- Introduction to industry employers where the report outcomes matches identified employer need. Discussions have already commenced and there is initial strong interest in seeing the model succeed.
You can contact the District Council of Grant on: 08 8721 0444 or The Resource Channel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To download a picture of Jody Elliott, click here.
The Resource Channel
T: +61 8 9477 3300 / 0419 168 250.
Professional Public Relations
T: +61 8 9388 0944
Calling all Job Seekers: 2012 Australian Mining Projects Guide for Job Seekers
FIFO - The Insider's Story
Australia's Resources Sector Continues to Set New Records
Is Spot Cooling for Underground Coal Mines the Next Big Thing?
Mining skills shortage predicted to worsen
Searching for Best Practice Maintenance Strategies on a Small-Scale Coal Enterprise
Advancements in Exploration Technology: An Exploration Companies Perspective
What's next for Hard Assets and Metal Prices?
Top Stories in Mining - May 2012
Mining Copper: VMS Ventures shares insights into Copper Pricing and Global Mining Markets
* = required.
GIS in Mining and Exploration Online Summit
February 6, 2012
Zero Harm Management – Is it Worth It? A Field Study
September 1, 2012
Latest Webinar! Learn how to Increase Productivity in your Mining Operations
June 5, 2013