Gold Stealing Detection Unit on Mine Site SecurityHosted By : Mining IQ Editorial
June 19, 2012
About this Podcast...
Mining IQ speaks to Greg Savage, Officer in Charge of the Gold Stealing Detection Unit. Greg talks about the importance of building a relationship with the unit early on to maximize security efficiency and how security needs to become the forefront of any action.
The following questions are explored in the interview:
1. Greg, could you tell us a bit about your role and the department?
2. Can you give us an overview of gold stealing trends over the last couple of years and the reasons behind these trends?
3. The Gold Stealing Detection Unit and Mine Sites are striving towards the same overarching goal, to reduce theft. How important is it to build a relationship with the Unit? How can that relationship help achieve the goal?
4. Following on from this, how can operators increase their relationship with the unit without implying there is no trust in the staff?
5. What would your advice be to mine sites when developing a strategy to reduce security risks?
Want to find out more about this topic?
Join Greg along with a panel of expert speakers at Mine Site Security 2012, Greg will be presenting a detailed presentation from the above interview titled "Understanding the Roles and Responsibilities of the Gold Stealing Detection Unit"