Delivering Mineral Plant Projects on Time and within BudgetHosted By :
March 7, 2011
About this Podcast...
“Record construction activity for the mining and minerals processing sectors is predicted over the next four years. With much of the delayed work now re-commencing, the next big upswing in construction will start in 2010-11 and continue through the following three years.”
Report from Macromonitor, Australian Construction Outlook – Mining and Processing
Industry professionals from Australia’s mining companies, mining construction contractors and design and engineering consultants are now gearing up for increased workflow as the plans for mineral processing plants are completing feasibility studies or approval processes and put out to bid.
Here are a couple of important facts….
- Spending on resource projects in Australia rose 40 percent to A$112 billion over the first half of 2010
- Of these projects, up to $2.7b is spent on each mineral processing facility.
In this interview with Laurie Barlow, Managing Director Minerals and Industry, AECOM we explore various strategies towards delivering mineral plant projects on time, and within budget. The interview explores the following questions...
Questions discussed include:
- How do you see the shape of your industry changing over the next few years?
- What are some major challenges you are facing when it comes to delivering on budget and on time?
- How important is strong communication between all teams working on the project in delivering projects successfully? Why?
- How can expert resources and technologies be successfully implemented to deliver high quality projects within budget?