Safety Matters: The key implications for mine sites of a nationally harmonised work health and safety system
This presentation given by Lisa Matthews, Senior Workplace Policy Adviser for the Australian Mines & Metals Association (AMMA) highlighted the implications for mine sites of a harmonised work health and safety system. She cites some major challenges faced by the industry including: retaining a skilled workforce, remaining globally competitive, and continuously improving health and safety outcomes.
Who are AMMA?
- Established in 1918.
- Largest and most representative lobby group for the Australian resources sector.
- Membership includes coal, metalliferous, oil and gas, energy, construction and service providers to the industry.
- National association offices in all states.
This presentation walks through in detail the following:
- Current OH&S Requirements
- Current inconsistencies
- What will make up the new system?
- State changes
- Harmonised outcomes