Coal Processing Optimisation: Interview with Jacques Dippenaar, CHPP Manager, SonomaHosted By :
May 14, 2012
About this Podcast...
As part of the research process for a 2011 Mining IQ conference on Coal Processing Optimisation, we interviewed Jacques Dippenaar, CHPP Manager at Sonoma, about how bottlenecks within Coal Handling and Preparation Plants (CHPPs) can be identified and managed, the impact the skills shortage is having on the industry and much more. The interview explores the following questions:
- How is the skills shortage impacting on the industry?
- In terms of equipment optimisation, why is it important to identify key faults in the processing chain?
- What are some challenges a company might face when increasing CHPP throughput to meet demand?
- What types of bottlenecks might exist within CHPPs? How can these be identified and managed?
- What implementation problems have you come across in relation to reducing production and maintenance costs?